Thanks for checking out my page on Q105FM.com!
I am originally from
Too cute! WATCH:
So cool. WATCH:
Five surprising things that make you tired.
1. Dehydration. Feeling foggy, lightheaded or sluggish? Coffee may not be the answer --try downing some water, first.
2. Cell Phones. That innocent PDA amps up brain activity and the artificial blue light can suppress your precious sleep hormone, melatonin. The National Sleep Foundation discovered back in 2011 that 20% of people from 20-29 are awakened by a call, text, or email a few times per-week. Do yourself a favor and power down before bed.
3. Medication. Lots of drugs, including some antidepressants, beta-blockers and blood pressure pills can sap your energy. Try taking your dose before bed or discussing an alternative with your doctor.
4. Overtraining. Prolonged workouts --like running for over 30 minutes at a stretch --can rev up production of the stress hormone, cortisol. Switch up to interval training mixed with free weights, instead.
5. Low Iron. This mineral is responsible for moving oxygen around your body and removing waste from your cells --shoot for 18 milligrams per-day to avoid feeling worn out or developing anemia. (Source: Women's Health )
(Photo Credit: Getty Images)
You heard it right, there's a new trend at some companies where they are wanting workers to bring their parents to work. Google has started an annual day dedicated for employees to do this. Some companies have started to make this a "thing." What do you think? Would you bring your parent to work? Do you think it's a good idea?