Thanks for checking out my page on Q105FM.com!
I am originally from
Memorial Day is almost here, which means sunshine, blue skies, cold drinks and dinner on the barbeque. Want to serve a mean hot dog, hamburger, steak or chicken dish for your friends? Make sure to avoid these eight grilling mistakes you're still making from Yahoo.com!
1. Don't Skip the salt. Don't believe stories that salting meat will make it tough --season it about a half-hour before grilling.
2. Don't Use Lighter Fluid to Get the Grill Going. You're better off using a chimney starter.
3. Don't Press Hard on Burgers. What drips out is the flavor and moisture! Leave them alone and flip just once.
4. Don't Flip Out. You don't need to turn the meat over and over and over --flipping once or twice is sufficient.
5. Don't Abuse the Barbecue Fork. Tongs or a spatula are much better options.
6. Don't Battle Flare-Up with Water. H20 and grease don't mix --calm fires with a flame-resistant kitchen towel.
7. Don't Check for Doneness with a Knife. Steak needs to rest --leave it alone for at least ten minutes or you'll wind up with a tough, dry piece of meat.
8. Don't Cook Meat All the Way Through. It keeps cooking after you take it off the heat, so remove it before it's done to your liking
Never let it be said that the Portland, OR Police Department is not a friend to wildlife. This officer was in "hot pursuit" when he came across some ducks trying to cross the road. He then...well...you'll see in the video.